Friday, April 08, 2011

Sproglet

Sproglet keeps wriggling as I write this. Sproglet often wriggles when I write. Actually, Sproglet often wriggles most of the time. Especially after I eat chocolate. Early mornings and late at night are Sproglet's favourite times of day. I lie in bed and inside me my tiny human dances, dances, dances.



I don't know the sex. That was deliberate. I love the mysteriousness. I love looking at my midwife's notes and seeing Estimated Date of Delivery: 14 July. It's like when you're on a long haul flight, and you keep looking back at the screen with the map of the world and the little plane gradually moving across oceans and continents. And you keep reading the estimated time of arrival and even though you're exhausted, the time stamps itself into you, and you can't look at it without feeling a tiny thrill because at that time you'll be landing in another world, and you don't know quite what it will be like.

Only that it will be amazing.

3 comments:

John Rea-Hedrick said...

Congratulations!!!

We had all four of our children with a midwife, three of them at home, two of them in the water, and we chose to be surprised about the sex of all of them! We even gave them gender neutral first names so we could call them something until they were born. Although Sproglet is adorable! (We saved the gender specific names for their them after we knew.)

How exciting for you! It's definitely a trip that will change your life for the better, FOREVER.

YAY!

John Rea-Hedrick said...

To clarify, the gender specific names we selected we then saved as their MIDDLE name. Because changing the name we'd known and called them by in utero AFTER they were born would just be silly. ;-)

Kristin Halbrook said...

Sproglet is beautiful. And yes, it will be amazing. I'm so excited for you and your growing family. <3