Tuesday, March 02, 2010

In which I am a bit of a fangirl

There are a few defining moments in a writer's life. The 'I've Finished A Novel' moment, the 'An Agent Actually Likes Me' moment, the 'My Novel is Going to Be Published for Shizz!' moment. And one of the best of them is being able to share the official cover of your debut novel for the first time.

So I am delighted to share the cover of my friend Kirsten Hubbard's novel, Like Mandarin. Isn't it pretty?  I love the intensity of the girl's gaze, and the sunset colour scheme. Also, I have a real thing for covers that use white space well. See how simple and striking it is? You need to commit this cover to memory and look out for it in 2011. And then when you see it in a bookshop you need to buy a copy for every one of your friends, because Kirsten's writing is beautiful.


2 comments:

Kirsten Hubbard said...

aw, thank you so much Leila! I think the bookshop I'm most excited for it to be in is yours :)

Leila Austin said...

Me too :-)

Hope it reaches NZ with the same cover!