Monday, January 25, 2010

Blogging About Blogging About Blogging

Scene: Me and Josh are sitting at the dining room table on respective laptops. Josh is Typing Important Transport Related Things. I am Staring At The Screen As Though It Is About To Explode.

Me: Josh! If you were me, what would you write a blog post about? If you were writing a blog post, like, right now.

Josh: I dunno. What are you trying to write a blog post about?

Me: I dunno. I keep starting blog posts and they all sound like crap.

Josh: What were you trying to blog about?

Me: I tried writing about the cats and it got all boring. I tried writing about how hard it is to write a blog post and it got even more boring. And I've already written about forty boring blog posts about how hard it is to write a blog post. So now I am staring at the blank box on the screen feeling empty. Empty, like the box.

I Lean In Closer To My Unsuspecting Computer and Eyeball The Empty White Blogger Screen Thingy Intently. Eventually, Some Nonsense Arrives In My Head and I Type Out The Nonsense.

6 comments:

Kaitlin Ward said...

Leila, you are too adorable.

Anna said...

I love your nonsense!! Keep typing... :)))

Bee said...

Leila, your nonsense is fun nonsense :P

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

LOL. Awesome.

Johnny said...

Gene Fowler: “Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.”

Leila Austin said...

AWESOME quote. So true.